Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wants vs Needs

There are many things in this world that I found that I need.  To some (eh-hm Wesley) they may seem like wants and expensive wants at that.  I cannot help it if I was born with expensive and fabulous taste.  That is just the way God made me ... and my momma.

We try to compromise and thankfully I do have some guilt that appears before I start spending.  Hence, yielding the spending process.  However, there are some things in life I cannot go without.  One of those things is a chandelier -
for the tailgating tent.

Is this not the cutest/greatest/finishing touch on a classic tailgate chandelier ever?!  I know, I know, amazing. I found this darling gem last year in Southern Living.  And because I was trying to be a good significant other the chandelier was not purchased.  However, my want has turned into a very great need because it has been over a year of needing.  Once again the subject was revisited and once again I was shot down.... sort of.  There was a hint of maybe in his voice .... I have learned when there is a hint there is hope.  I tried to explain my vision for our tailgate ... essentially recreating a cozy welcoming kitchen / dinning room space. Wesley doesn't exactly see my vision at the moment, but I he will come around.  I planted the seed last year ... which was followed by "Your are insane and absolutely not with my money." And this year I got a "well let me see it again on the website..." Oh yah ... that chandelier is going to be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment