Monday, August 13, 2012

I like my candle burning from both ends ...

My mother has used that saying time and time again with me.  And if you ever look at my google calendar one would understand why.  If I happen to have a day with nothing on it - I am first shocked and then become very excited.  Excited then turns into - okay what can I do on this day? Should I pick up that extra shift being offered at work?  Should I try and see about having a dinner date with some friends?  Should I clean the house from head to toe?  Should I do wedding planning? Should I go workout? Should I review some work for nursing?
See what happens when you have ADD mixed with an overly ambitious work ethic?  Disaster - until you get your butt in gear and some prioritization takes place.

Anyway ... back to my candle.  I have decided with some a lot encouragement from a friend to run a 1/2 marathon in December.  It will take place December 9th on Kiawah Island, SC.  The race promises to be flat and beautiful.  I am counting on the flat part.

So now in addition to wedding planning, Junior League Volunteering at Helping Horse, babysitting two days a week, and oh right my full time job at the hospital ... I am training for a 1/2.
Eh, why not?  That candle looks bright burning from both ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment