Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Farm Table Revamp


As it turns out we did not like how the stain turned out with table. It was too dark. So, last week, Wes spent his evenings sanding down the top, reapplying a new stain, lightly sanding that down, followed by polyurethane. I never knew this could be such a process. Seriously - sand, polyurethane, sand, polyurethane, sand. Our dining room turned into the color of pale pale brown with all the sawdust all over the walls, and floor. Even Jack turned a lighter color of black. However - the end result - PERFECTION. The table is gorgeous. Especially when the sun comes through the windows in the morning - the table glows.
Our next step is formal dining chairs (see picture below) and to build a bench. Now as a side note - I was informed that the bench would be my project when it comes to the sanding, staining, polyurethaning. Wes informed me that this will make me feel apart of the project - ha. Quite honestly I'm not sure why he would want to leave me responsible with a sander, stain, and polyurethane. But have no fear - I will be sure to post about my first staining project.


Another angle:

Upclose:

One more view:


The final look we are shooting for; however our dining chairs (the ones we are lusting over ... correction Wes likes, I love) will be slightly different.



No comments:

Post a Comment