Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weekend Happenings


This past weekend we headed out of town to Virginia because NC State was playing UVA !


First stop: Richmond
Love Richmond. We went out for dinner, which of course was accompanied by drinks, which of course led to dancing (most likely to blamed on the too many drinks). Needless to say when the alarm went off at 715 the next morning nobody wanted to move. However, Papa Wes rallied the troops with promises of leaving us if we weren't ready to go by 8:30. We needed to be to our next stop by 1000.

Charlottesville! Please note the tailgating supplies we are hauling with us to Charlottesville.

Clearly necessary for a proper tailgate. We couldn't let those UVA fan think we do not know how to throw a proper tailgate party. Please note my show pumpkins. =) And yes Wes, my show pumpkins make the table.

We had a blast at the game! And NC State won ! ! ! UVA has a beautiful campus and stadium - the fans were great.
The next morning we headed up the mountain to Michie's Tavern. One of my patients told me it was absoultely necessary that we eat here. And OH MY GOODNESS - he was so right. Michie's Tavern was established in the 1790's. The tavern serves a buffet similar to what one would have found during that time. Please see my plate below.

Out of control. And yes I ate almost the whole plate. And yes those are layers of food. I couldn't fit everything on my plate. And I finished up my meal by sharing a peach cobbler that is indescribably delicious. I need to stop talking about it ... my mouth is starting to drool.
Our next stop was Carter Mountain - to pick apples ! ! !

Jenn was very excited about picking apples! One item off the bucket list - check. I'm still waiting for my apple pie, btw, JB.

Even Wes joined in on the fun. He says he doesn't like these outings ... but deep down he loves it.

1 comment:

  1. what a blast! looks like a great time. i want to pick apples too.

    ReplyDelete