Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Fun Old Fashion Family Christmas



"We're kicking off our fun old fashion family Christmas by heading out into the country in the old front-wheel drive sleigh to embrace the frosty majesty of the winter landscape and select that most important of Christmas symbols."

I got the crazy idea that we should head up to the mountains and cut down our Christmas tree. (Maybe I should stop watching Christmas Vacation ...) However, Wes, indulged me, and on Saturday we packed up the truck and headed west. Lucy decided she wanted in as well and being that Wes cannot say no to her, Lucy jumped on in and settled down for our trip to the mountains.

Wes had already researched and looked into possible farms to cut down our perfect Christmas tree. We were headed to the Boone area .... which meant a solid 3 hour car ride .... which meant 3 hours of me singing Christmas songs.

Wes loves my singing. See - Two Thumbs Up. HA. I think the singing lasted a solid 20 minutes before my radio station and voice were silenced.

That is okay, because, Wes then informed me the farm we were going to go to not only had Christmas trees, BUT, there were COWS! YES!

I was all over those cows as soon as we had the car parked. Unfortunately, Lucy did not like the cows. She started barking, howling, and whining at the cows. At which point, Wes, said it is time for us to go and pick out our tree.

Of course in the midst of us searching for "the one" - Lucy and I needed to have a photo shoot.

And then, there it was, our perfect tree.....

Ha! Just kidding! That tree was huge ! ! !


Let's try this again ....

Here it is ! Our perfect Christmas tree. This lovely farm does not allow for you to cut down your own tree, which made me relieved that none of our appendages would be lost during this cutting down tree process.

Down she goes !

All wrapped up and ready to go home. Before heading back to Raleigh, we headed to Boone for a quick lunch, and we were off to the Blue Ridge Parkway. The Parkway was gorgeous!
Please take notice of the SNOW! I was very excited to see there was some snow left from earlier in the week.


Wes managed to get our tree in the house and in the stand. I was concerned with capturing every moment of this process. (Naturally Wes was not as concerned - haha.)
Woosh! The twine is cut! Isn't it beautiful?!

And now for your viewing pleasure - Our Christmas Tree!


2 comments: