Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Stockings


Wes decided that we were not only going to exchanged stocking gifts, but we were going to do so prior to Christmas. This was decided on Monday and we were going to exchange gifts on Wednesday night. I was bit overwhelmed by this stocking exchange gift giving, being that we have never exchanged stocking gifts and I was unsure of the stocking gift expectation. I mean some people ideas of stocking gifts are toothbrushes, while others are Bailey Boxes. (And as a side note, I grew up with toothbrushes in my stockings, not Bailey Boxes or Lexus Keys.)

Anyway, back to the drawing board I went for ideas as to what I was going to stuff in his stocking. That is when I realized there is only one place that could find a fun unique gift Wes would like and that place is Lowes. God Bless Lowes and their employees....that will be for another post of me tromping around and having oh five employees helping me.

Okay, so back to exchanging. I come out to the living room, and my stocking is stuffed with what appears to be oranges (and not Grandpas). Of course now I am all sorts of curious - perhaps its oranges stuffed around a Bailey Box with a Bailey's Diamond......
I know, I know... I am ridiculous....but I appear to have a one track mind lately for sparkles.

We grab our stockings and set to unloading our loot. I am all over mine ... pulling out oranges...nuts...nuts?....candy....and socks. Socks?! What a random collection of ... and then it hits me, and I just started laughing hysterically. I absolutely love the way Wes's mind works. He gave me an "Old Fashioned" Christmas Stocking. Love Love Love it.



My Christmas Stocking - Fabulous.

Now onto Wes's stocking .... hmmm. Well in Wes's stocking, he found an axe. However, he seemed to really get a kick out of it and was completely surprised. I mean who doesn't like getting an axe in their stocking?! We have been building fires and well one cannot chop wood with a saw, now can they? I also included a Lowes carpenter belt, because I thought Wes would look hysterical wearing one. Unfortunately, he refused to model for the blog.



Now I would like to turn it over to Lucy, because she would like to wish y'all a very Merry Christmas -

Ha. Ha. Look at that face! She is so annoyed. We were wrapping presents and Wes decided he was going to wrap Lucy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment