Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Bad Dog


I have a funny story to share with y'all. Last week, I worked the night shift, so I was sleeping during the day. When I work nights, I typically allow for Jack and Lucy to roam the house to their pleasing, while I am sleeping. I mean they typically sleep, what 89% of the day anyway? Right. Okay, so, as you noticed in the previous post, I have show pumpkins on our dining room table. Well, Monday morning I come home and notice the pumpkins are displaced along the table. I think, well this weird, Wes must have messed with them. (Of course I blame him first.) I fix my pumpkins, and go to sleep. I wake up, go to work, come home, pumpkins messed up again. Hmm.... Wesley what in the world is he doing?! I fix the pumpkins yet again and go to bed. I wake that afternoon, stroll on out to the dining room and what do I see? Jack laying on top of our dining room table, amongst the pumpkins. I couldn't get over what I seeing - he is just laying there like "oh you are up? well no worries, I've just been laying here watching the cars go by." At this point I am laughing so hard I can't speak - let alone yell at him to get off the table. I have NEVER seen a dog laying on top of a dining room table - let alone a 65 lb black lab.

The following evening, I made Wes one of his favorite meals and bought some really nice beer to butter him up when I shared the news. Didn't work so well. He did not laugh when I told him the story. And Jack spent the rest of the evening / night in the office.

But seriously, how can you stay made at this one? Look at his face. Precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment