Monday, October 1, 2012

Feelings

If there is one thing that Wes and I have worked on over the past year plus of living together it would be communication.  We communicate very differently.  

I grew up in a household that was / is very vocal.  We express when we are happy/upset/etc. at any given moment in the day.  We love talking about out feelings.  And by we ... my mother and I love talking about our feelings.  If I am upset you are going to know it and I do not hold back in letting you know ... that ticked me off.  What can I say ... I am an emotional person.  Granted I feel as though the positive/energetic self comes out more often then not.  I also love to talk ... about everything.  I am more of a story teller .. I want you to feel like you were with me while I am reliving my day. Along with that, I want to know how others are feeling and know in detail .  

Wes was not one to talk about his feelings.  He is more of one that takes in a deep breath, holds it in, and say, "I'm going for a run."  Not a big a talker that one ... more of a internalizer.  Well ... after living with someone who at nauseam loves to ask "What are you feeling? What did you do then? How was your day? Tell me about it in detail? How did that make you feel?" Someone has a taken a turn about their feelings.  

Last week, I was exhausted, PMSing, and just mentally checked out from work.  I came home Tuesday around 8:30, showered, and climbed into bed.  Wednesday ... same routine.  This raised some concern for Wes because he followed me into the bedroom and sat down with a look of concern.  

Wes:  "What's going on." 
ME: "Nothing." 
Wes: "Well how was your day?"
Me: "Fine." 
Wes: "Do you want to talk about your feelings?" 

I died laughing.  Touche Wesley.  I told him I was good on the feelings talk.  Love him.  And all our feeling talks. 




1 comment:

  1. omg you are my twin. and i need wes to talk to me about my feelings some time.

    ReplyDelete