Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Recap!

I have been inspired to execute my creative ideas. I have made a Spring wreath for the front door, a chalk board, and string eggs. The string eggs idea came from pinterest and were an epic fail. Out of the ten I made, one looked semi normal. They went straight to the trash can. The chalk board and wreath - success!





My Chalkboard! I sanded down a piece of plywood, used crown molding as my frame, and painted the board with chalkboard paint.

This was our menu for Supper Club. We meet with eight other couples once a month for Supper Club. Wes and I prepared the food together. For the appetizers we made pimento cheese and crab deviled eggs. We had fried chicken and waffles, biscuits (from scratch), sweet peas, and fancy potatoes. For dessert we had peanut butter pie, chocolate chess pie, and coconut pie. Wes even made the graham cracker crust for my peanut butter pie butter. Though it ended up having a half a stick of butter instead of 1/4 ... according to Wes "This recipe must be wrong, the crust is too dry." Nobody complained of the extra butter intake. =)

Check out our super club! Wes put on the extension to our table so we could accommodate everyone. It was awesome having everyone sitting around the table together. Another reason why I love our dining room table.

I would also like to give a blog shout out to Mrs B. and Mrs M. who helped me put the menu together ! Thank y'all for the southern inspiration and recipes =) I could not have done it without y'alls help!!

Wes has been doing some creative work as well … that is when I do not have him slaving away cleaning the house or cooking in the kitchen. Remember the side table? Well they are coming right along now that he hashis finger death machine. I mean his saw table.


We are trying to be as healthy as possible these days as well. We just recently ran a 10K down in Charleston, SC. (That will need to be another blog post.) And well do to our recent diet changes and focus on living a better life style – I give you my inspirational get healthy salad.

Last night, after running three miles, Wes wanted to know what we would be having for dinner. “A salad,” I replied. I knew immediately by that exhale he was not pleased. I told him to pump the brakes and just wait to see my creation. (Shocking that was followed by another exhale.) Well guess who finished their whole plate and said “This is amazing! I mean, seriously, this is really good!” Oh that’s right…Wesley.

The salad:

Mixed greens and spinach, Salmon (cooked in a soy sauce, garlic, maple syrup marinade), honey goat cheese, mushrooms and asparagus marinated in olive oil and sea salt, fresh tomatoes from the Farmers Market, and red onion. Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment