Thursday, April 5, 2012

Doing Work.

A crew of ten departed Raleigh last Thursday and Friday for the beautiful Sullivans Island. We were headed to run the Bridge - a 6.2 mile race, celebrate a 30th birthday, and act like fools.

We conquered all three objectives.




Most of the group - minus three. How does one prepare for a 10K? You carb up by drinking beer.
Now that looks like a top notch running crew.

Well check us out! We did it ! ! I must say as I was running this hellacious race, all I could think was, "I have to finish in time or everyone is going to leave me and head to the bar!" Thank goodness I pulled it together so I could join everyone and enjoy my mimosa.

Enjoying the drinks and the view at one of the rooftop bars in downtown Charleston. We got some AMAZING sunburns. Sports bra tan lines are super awesome and I am really looking forward to blending the tan lines on my back.

How do you fit 14 people in 1000 ft square foot condo with one bathroom? Tents. Tents are very necessary. The green tent is our tent. Or as I liked to call it "The Tent of Love."

How can you celebrate your 30th birthday if you do not have pinata? Well you can't. Please meet Peter. He traveled all the way from Raleigh to Sullivans for the fiesta on Saturday.
We became close friends, despite his impending death in the backyard. He knew his purpose. Spread the love through candy.



A cookout with lots of friends is also essential for a 30th shin-dig.


Follow it up with a Sunday breakfast of champions = an amazing weekend.






No comments:

Post a Comment