Monday, February 27, 2012

Dang, I'm Good.


I was not in the mood to cook today. Must be the weather. I finally decided I would do something with the whole chicken sitting in the freezer. I started defrosting the whole chicken this afternoon, circa 1pm. The plan was to cook it in the crock-pot for a delicious dinner/something different from roasting it. Said chicken was still frozen circa 3:00 PM when I had to leave the house to pick up Henry from school. Therefore, said chicken would not make it into the crock-pot and would not start crock-potting until 6:30 PM. This places the crock-pot dinner time roughly around 1:00/1:30 AM. Obviously this would not fly for Wesley's belly nor mine.
Of course, its now 6:45 PM and I am trying to figure out what I am going to feed Wesley and he is just bucking at everything I suggest. And by everything, my two other suggestions. =) Finally, I have it - Breakfast for Dinner. Did he go for it? Oh, yeah he did. What else did this mean? Wesley was cooking dinner. Why, because I have led Wesley to believe he is the only one in the whole wide world who can cook eggs, bacon, and pancakes. It's true - he is the only one. =) And that is why I left the kitchen with a smile on face, because dang I am good.

Rest assure, instead of watching some fabulous show on BRAVO, such as Real Housewives of Atlanta, Orange County, or wherever, we watched the Daytona 500. It's all about compromise, right?
Blueberry/Chocolate Chip Pancakes - Our favorite combination
(Don't knock it till you've tried it - it's yummy)


Bacon - Nom. Nom. Nom.

1 comment:

  1. One of these days I'm stopping for dinner on my way home from work! yummmm

    ReplyDelete