Thursday, February 16, 2012

The ADD Cook


I have ADD - like I am legit, diagnosed by an MD, legit. As an adult, I find ADD to be very handy, especially in my type of work. I have learned to channel my ADD for the greater good. Seriously! Okay not seriously. I am sure my patients think I am a nut - but - hey with my mind going a million miles a minute I seem to have a knack for realizing things going astray. And that they do appreciate.

Now, when it comes to my other passion in life cooking ... well ADD can be a bit of a hindrance. I try to follow recipes but that never works out as planned because half way in the process of cooking - I come up some other idea of what to put in. Please see below:


As you can see here, my kitchen is about two different shades of hot mess. We should play an "I spy" blog addition - who can spy all the food items? Let's please call attention to the most important item - my cheetah print wine glass. I find it very necessary to cook all meals with a glass of wine. Just one - if you go into glass number two ... things tend to get a bit burned.

This picture was taken on Monday night in preparation for the Valentine's Day Party I threw at work. I made rosebud cupcakes and chocolate oreo puddin' chocolate cake. Now the other items in this picture were dinner for Monday night. What was going to be cream cheese and basil stuffed chicken breasts ended up with mozzarella cheese, basil, lemon juice, garlic, and heavy whipping cream stuffed into the breast instead. (Well hello ADD) I then took bread crumbs and olive oil, rubbed it all over with chicken. Finished the dish off with tossing cherry tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper.

I give you my master piece:


And my trader joe's side =)

It was down right delicious.

Polished the dinner off with two vegan cupcakes from Whole Foods - oh the joy of feeding Wesley a vegan cupcake - having him finish that puppy off and then telling him what he just ate. He also had a glass of Almond Milk. Love it.





No comments:

Post a Comment