Sunday, November 18, 2012

Holiday Excitement

Wes and I just got back in town from spending the weekend in Charleston with my brother and Amy.  We went down to surprise Nick for his 31st birthday.  And well after spending the weekend with them I am so excited about Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.  Amy will be joining our family for Turkey Day and over the Christmas holiday.  And Grandpa Nick is coming for Christmas this year!!!  I am so excited.  I can't wait - especially for the Christmas holidays.  Last year I barely was able to spend time with my family being that I worked on Christmas Eve.  And well spending 13/14 hours at the hospital I was definitely missing them.  And since Wes and I are splitting time with each other's families ... I felt like I was dividing myself three different ways.  Not this year!  I have off Christmas Eve and Christmas and I cannot wait to celebrate with the family.  And with Amy joining us as well - I am pumped that no longer will me and mom be the only girls.  Especially since the boys have adopted Wes like the brother they never had ... they are just like three little amigos who enjoy ganging up on me.  So typical ....

The first weekend in December, Wes and I will be going on our (in his words) "Second Annual Brummer Family Christmas Tree Adventure."  Yes, Lucy, Wes, and I will be heading off to NC mountains to find ourselves the perfect Christmas tree.  I am still working on Ethel coming with us as well ... but Wes doesn't seem to be budging on that one.  I think I need to work on Ethel wearing her harness.  Perhaps that will help me and Ethel's case.




No comments:

Post a Comment