Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend Happenings


Wes and I headed to Charleston this weekend. Actually we were on Sullivan's Island for the weekend and did not leave the island until today to head home. It was a fabulous mini vacay. Much needed and the weather was absolutely wonderful - 72 degrees wonderful. My brother and his roomie had a little get together on Saturday to celebrate 2012 with their friends. One of Nick's friends smoked whole chickens, there was keg, beer pong competition, delicious sides (sweet potato casserole, crack potatoes, dips, tomato mozzarella salad, and the BEST banana pudding Wes and I have ever eaten - I could write a whole post on how amazing this puddin is - just delicious). One thing about getting older, everyone brings such wonderful food. I feel like we reached the age, where bringing a bag chips to a cookout is not a acceptable as it once was, everyone wants to show off what they can whip up in the kitchen. I made crack potatoes, Mississippi Sin, Sausage Dip, Pimento Cheese, Crack Potatoes, and Chocolate Chip Cookies ... perhaps I went a bit overboard. Nah, never.

Ah, so Friday morning before we left, I was doing some cooking and packing. Anyway, I haven't had much time nor the opportunity to hang out with Ethel and Lucy during the day. I wasn't even sure if they interacted during the day. I had thought that Ethel just stayed in the office and our bedroom during the day ... wrong.




Turns out Ethel enjoys getting on the dining room table as much as Jack did. What is it with our animals and that table? Lucy and Ethel have a game they play. Ethel gets on the table and Lucy tries to get her. Ethel runs up and down the table while Lucy sniffs her out. Then, Ethel will get up to the edge, Lucy will stick out her nose, and WHAM, Lucy gets a paw to the nose. For some reason - I think this is hysterical.
Having Ethel around has caused my inner Elmira to come out. I just want to hug her, squeeze her, carry her around the house. Ethel does not appreciate my inner Elmira. And because Ethel does not appreciate my inner Elmira, she has turned her attention to Wes. Wes does not try to squeeze her and hug her ... he just plays with her. So when we came home this afternoon, Wes immediately went to use the bathroom and she tried to follow him in. When she was shut out she took one look at me and started to claw at the bathroom door. SERIOUSLY KITTY?! Oh don't you worry, I can play the "play it cool" game. I WILL WIN YOU OVER AND MAKE YOU CUDDLE WITH ME. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment